CALL NOW FOR SERVICE:   (678) 750-4808

HomeAllergens at Home: When to Involve a ProfessionalCommunityAllergens at Home: When to Involve a Professional

Allergens at Home: When to Involve a Professional

indoor allergens

Allergens are foreign substances that cause the body to produce an allergic reaction. During an allergy, your body mistakenly reacts to certain substances that it detects as dangerous. It responds by making antibodies to fight these substances, resulting in an allergic reaction.

Some examples of common allergens are mold, dander, pollen, and dust mite feces. Professional cleaning services often find all of these allergens in homes. Luckily, they use unique technologies to help decrease your exposure to the trigger at home.

Common Indoor Allergens


Mold is a dust-like fungus that populates water-damaged areas. When the body detects mold spores, it recognizes them as foreign bodies and forms antibodies against them. Exposure to certain types of mold, especially black mold, can cause severe respiratory and vascular conditions.


Dander is the material shed from animals’ bodies. It is similar to dandruff when excess skin flakes become visible. Dander particles are so small that human eyes cannot easily detect them.


Pollen is a powdery substance produced by seed plants. When plants disperse pollen into the air, it enters the nose, mouth, and eyes, causing an allergy called hay fever.

Dust Mite Feces

Dust mite feces contain proteins that can trigger an allergic reaction when inhaled. Signs of a dust mite allergy resemble hay fever symptoms. This includes wheezing, sneezing, and a runny nose.


Like pets and pollen, cockroaches can cause an allergic reaction. Their bodies contain a protein that triggers an immune response. The body parts, saliva, and feces of cockroaches are all allergens.

How to Detect the Indoor Allergens Making You Sick

While some people use store-bought testers, the best way to determine the responsible allergen is to consult an allergist. Our environment is home to several different allergens, so finding the trigger is crucial to getting treatment. 

An allergist will conduct a test, find the trigger, and prescribe treatment for your allergies. Once you know the cause, you should call professional cleaning services to help eliminate it.

When to Involve a Professional for Indoor Allergens

After your healthcare provider determines the allergen, it’s up to you to get it out of your home. Don’t try to clean out allergens on your own. It increases your exposure to the causative allergen and even exposes you to more.

For instance, if you have a mold allergy, it is dangerous to clean the mold yourself. Your best bet would be to involve professional cleaning services and have them rid your home of mold for good.

Experts at ONEighty Solutions use personal protective equipment (PPE) to avoid direct contact with allergens while they do their job. We also use unique technologies to remove any residual allergens from the air, ensuring thorough decontamination.

If you are experiencing signs of indoor allergens, then you need professional cleaning services immediately. At ONEighty Solutions, our trained and equipped specialists handle pesky allergens to keep you free from their symptoms. Contact us today. We are always happy to help!

Contact Us Today

ONEighty Solutions is the most comprehensive provider for damage restoration…
Call (678) 750-4808 now. We’re available around the clock!